Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

Tag as favorite
Nationwide horse transport - so so upset right now!!
Sissan
#1 Posted : Tuesday, 24 April 2012 10:27:17 a.m.

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
Omg! Im so totally pissed off right now!

Bob was supposed to be coming down end of last week. I had booked in for Nationwide Horse transport to do it. Which they said they could and that they would ring back to confirm a time in half an hour. Nothing!

I text Wayne at 9pm which was 8-9 hours after i'd last spoken with him (he was supposed to be picking Bob up the next morning!) he just said 'oh yeah. I'll be there 9am tomorrow'. I was like ok and rang Amy to let her know when to have Bob ready. She was like 'waaay too short notice to be able to get him ready. Please change it to monday.' i got her to go through and sort it out as its hard to be the go between.

Wayne said monday would be fine ill ring you over the weekend to confirm pick up time.

So we waited until mid day Sunday and still had no word. So we try ring him only to get the answer phone. We leave a message saying please ring urgently so we know. No word at all. Amy finds out on monday morning that her neighbour hasnt moved Bob for her so she's like well i cant do Monday anymore unless Wayne can move the horse.

She rings Wayne, he says he got her urgent message but chose not to call her back. She explains the situation to which (a guy supposedly with experience of horses and the ability to catch and move horses) says nah lets move to plan b and i'll get Bob on Tuesday. Give me an hour and i'll ring back with a time.

The day goes by. Nothing. We ring him late last night begging for a time. He just says early and he'll ring in the morning.

9am Tuesday. Everything is ready. Amy's waiting. I get a text from her saying she still hasnt heard anything. Should she text or shall we cancel him as we no longer trust him with our horse. I said give him the benefit of the doubt and ring him.

She rings him, he's currently going to Paeroa in the opposite direction. He probably can't do today. Maybe tomorrow would be better.

When were you planning on letting us know?! FORGET IT!!!

Rang Majestic horse floats. They said they'll try get Bob on a truck today but it's more likely to be next week. But they will let us know. She thought i sounded like i had a cold but i was like (starts crying) no im just really upset!! I should have my Bob right now!!

Has anyone else had this experience of Nationwide horse transport? Can i trust Majestic horse floats? Im so worried my baby is going to get on a truck and i'm never gunna hear from or see him!!

Getting my first horse shouldn't be this challenging or upsetting should it? Cursing Crying
rebecca
#2 Posted : Tuesday, 24 April 2012 11:58:31 a.m.

Medals:

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have never used Nationwide, but Majestic came and picked up my horse on time and when they said they would, were really great with him and delivered him to his new home no trouble - I wouldn't hesitate in using them again. Very efficient and also good with the horses.
Sissan
#3 Posted : Tuesday, 24 April 2012 12:59:15 p.m.

Medals:

Doing a google search the only people who are mentioned often are majestic so i have confidence in them after seeing all the positive comments.

As an update, when we texted to cancel with nationwide for the first time ever we had a reply straight away saying ok thanks. Sounds like he never wanted to do this job in the first place and had no intention of picking bob up ever. Bob is a good boy so i dont know why he wouldnt want to.
zanskar
#4 Posted : Friday, 4 May 2012 10:07:15 p.m.

Medals:

Use NZ Horse Movers. Lindsay is great to deal with and good with the horses. He took my 17hh TB from Chch to Auck (and my horse is not a good traveller) with absolutly no problems and regularly travels our racehorses. Cant speak highly enough. Phone number is 0508 HMOVER (466837)
rebecca
#5 Posted : Monday, 7 May 2012 9:41:53 a.m.

Medals:

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
how did you get on in the end? was your horse safely delivered?
Sissan
#6 Posted : Monday, 7 May 2012 10:20:58 a.m.

Medals:

Yeah got my horse here after using Majestic horse floats. They were pretty good although they got a little bit smug about me going back to use them after all the hassle.

Other than that they were pretty good. They were 2 and a half hours late deliverng him and failed to ring me to let me know. I had waited an hour before deciding to ring them to find out where Bob was, all I got was "oh sorry, we were very busy and didn't get a chance to ring, Bob will be another hour and a half." (them) "So then 3:30?" (me) "No try more like 4pm" (them) even then they were half an hour After that!
Letsbhonest
#7 Posted : Thursday, 6 December 2012 11:39:25 a.m.

Medals:

Sorry, but not the transporters problem if your vendor can't get out of her own way to be available! I have re-read your post and twice she puts the spanner in the works?

These guys are not a babysittting service, are usually on a time dependent schedule (certainly if travelling North to South Island)and most of the time "stuff happens" ie, other horses not loading and reuiring extra time, not travelling well and requiring un-scheduled stops to perhaps re-load in a more acceptable spot or allocate it extra space if it scrambles - all sorts of things can and often do crop up.

As for delivering "late" they are driving a tonned truck with precious cargo on board - it takes what it takes and he arrived safely!!

fairygirl
#8 Posted : Monday, 15 April 2013 3:06:29 p.m.

Medals:

Yes all sounds very familiar. Very unreliable was my experience and I wouldn't not use Nationwide again and if asked for my opinion would not suggest them as a transporter.
Oraclestud
#9 Posted : Wednesday, 17 July 2013 7:08:22 a.m.

Medals:

Groups: Registered, To Be Approved

It can be really frustrating with horse transporting. Sometimes the communications aren't what we individually rate as good. Sometimes it's because we expect more of these service providers than what they can logistically offer. Mostly we have to wait for numbers to be met depending on our needs. Then on other occasions, roads are closed as dangerous. There's a bit of that at present. All the transport company's I've used have been good, incl Nationwide, they are just not always able to meet my requirement and I understand that this is the nature of the business It's a shame for you that things didn't or haven't worked out. There's quite a few transport companys out there. Majestic, Premier, Woodville, Scaiffe, Nationwide, Good luck.
Oraclestud
#10 Posted : Wednesday, 17 July 2013 7:16:11 a.m.

Medals:

Groups: Registered, To Be Approved

Meant to say that I am waiting for a horse to come out of Karaka to Horowhenua at present with Premier. So maybe you could them a call depending on where you are and where horse is going. The roads have been closed so it's a bit of a waiting game.