Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

Tag as favorite
My baby horses. Anyone else have one? :))
jennifer
#1 Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 11:52:02 a.m.

Medals:

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
No one has been doing much photo sharing recently so thought I'd kick things off again! I really like this pic of Katie, taken not so long ago. Had my OH with me so I was able to get her ears pricked in a photo for a change! She is coming along really nicely - I have been on her back a few times but not rushing it. She is comfortable and relaxed with me sitting in the saddle now so we will soon be able to move on to walking etc in the round pen and then the arena. Going to see a dressage trainer next week as I would like her to go to school over winter, probably from about April-time.

Jazz is coming along in leaps and bounds (sometimes literally, haha Flapper ) Now she has decided the far side of the arena isn't going to eat her, we have started working on simple transitions and I'm proud to say she will now halt from just the tiniest vibration on the reins. She is starting to understand that leg aids can mean sideways as well as forward and needs barely any rein contact to make turns and circles. Not bad for such a baby! We are taking things slowly as she has a ton of growing to do but pleased with progress so far.

Anyone else bringing on a baby horse at the moment? :)

Cassieb
#2 Posted : Saturday, 11 February 2012 4:05:09 p.m.

Medals:

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Jen sounds like the horses are doing you proud! Both are looking great! Well done on their progress...I am enjoying watching he he. BigGrin
Kora2000
#3 Posted : Wednesday, 21 March 2012 12:12:24 a.m.

Medals:

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)
I have a yearling filly, Destiny's Dreams Come True paddock name Dream. I've had her since she was weaned and couple of weeks ago I took her to her first show. In her Young Sporthorse led classes she was placed in every one including four first and reserved champion. In the four golden horse classes entered she managed two seconds, she was unplaced in the other two but for a first show to come away with 10 ribbon was hugely rewarding!

Dream when she arrive as a weanling

Our Golden Horse ribbon

we finally got all her sporthorse ribbons sitting nice after we go back to the float!
Emma12
#4 Posted : Friday, 30 March 2012 8:18:43 a.m.

Medals:

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
She is looking amazing Jen!!! Who did you decide to send her to? exciting!!!
Kora your girl is a little stunner too!!!
jennifer
#5 Posted : Saturday, 31 March 2012 9:15:12 p.m.

Medals:

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Thanks Emma! Haven't quite decided yet but will let you know as soon as I do BigGrin Very pleased with her progress. Went into the big girl's arena for the first time yesterday and she was very interested in the judge's box and the two dogs running up and down the adjoining grassy bank. Much bolder than I thought she would be, haha
magpie
#6 Posted : Friday, 20 April 2012 8:50:58 p.m.

Medals:

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Wow Katie is really growing up Jen! It is so long since I have been on here (new job takes up all my timeAngry maybe I'll win lotto soon!) so really cool seeing the pics she is looking fantastic.

Kora your Dream is beautiful you must have been very proud of her for her first outing! BigGrin